The school cross country carnival is on next Monday 13 June. The Program for start times is outlined below.
Students in Yr 4, 5 and 6 are to remain down at the oval for the entire morning session. Students in Yr 1,2 and 3 are to remain at the oval for the middle session. Prep students are to attend the afternoon session. Please follow these times so we can begin races promptly.
- Students will compete against their age group ie. The year they were born, unless they are in Prep.
- Prep – modified course (approx. 300m), 6&7 yr olds– 1 lap modified course (approx.600m), 8 & 9yr olds will complete 1 lap (1 km), 10yr olds will complete 2 laps (2km) and 11& 12yr olds will run 3 laps (3km).
- Please ensure:
- All children bring to school a full water bottle and school hat
- Asthma sufferers bring puffers
- Anyone with current medical conditions will be monitored by staff
- Students born in 2010, 2011 and 2012 who wish to compete for Age Champion,2nd place and 3rd place, must compete in the competitive event in the morning session. All other students are invited to run in the Participation event at the end of the first session.
- 9 Yrs (born 2013) students in Yr 4 who wish to compete in a competitive event (for Age Champion, 2nd or 3rd place ribbon), need to return to the oval for the 11.50am race.
- Due to time constraints we will not run a 'Participation' event in the middle session. We encourage all students to participate to the best of their ability-whether they be trying to place or simply participating. These distances are reduced and as there are not multiple laps being run, students who walk will not be in the way of students who are running for a 1st, 2nd or 3rd place.
- Ribbons will be issued to place getters after the events. Overall winners in the age groups of Prep, 6yrs, 7 yrs,8yrs, 9yrs, 10 yrs, 11 yrs and 12 yrs will receive a Medallion. Presentation for Age Champion and Champion House will take place at the event if time permits (otherwise on an available parade). The first 3 students finished will be recorded.
- Encourage Children to wear/bring appropriate clothing/shoes for running on the day. They are encouraged to wear house colours.
- Yr 3/4K class-Yr 4's to attend morning session. Yr 3's (and any 9 yr old students in Yr 4 who wish to compete in a competitive event) are to attend the middle session.
- Only students who bring a signed note will not be participating.