The school cross country carnival is on Tuesday, 29th of March (Week 10). The timetable for start times is outlined below. Students in Yr 4, 5 and 6 are to remain down at the oval for the entire morning session. Students in Yr 1,2 and 3 are to remain at the oval for the middle session. Prep students are to attend the afternoon session. Please follow these times so we can begin races promptly.
View Maps below:
Yrs 4-6 Participation
|Middle Session |||
|9 Yrs (2013)||11:50am|
|8 Yrs (2014)||12:10pm|
|7 Yrs (2015)||12:30pm|
*Events times are a guideline only.
- Students will compete against their age group ie. The year they were born, unless they are in Prep. Please ensure students know their year of birth (this can be written on the back of their hand).
- Classes must stay for whole session to avoid movement on the course.
- Any teachers not rostered on a course marshal position will take on a supervisory role around the terraces (please be vigilant and ensure no students are on the track).
- Prep – modified course (approx. 300m), 6&7 yr olds– 1 lap modified course (approx.600m), 8 & 9yr olds will complete 1 lap (1 km), 10yr olds will complete 2 laps (2km) and 11& 12yr olds will run 3 laps (3km).
- Prior to bringing your class to the oval, please ensure:
- All children have a full water bottle and hat
- Asthma sufferers bring puffers
- Anyone with current medical conditions will need to be monitored
Students born in 2010, 2011 and 2012 who wish to compete for a place on the School XC team/for Age Champion,2nd place and 3rd place, must compete in the competitive event in the morning session. All other students are invited to run in the Participation event at the end of the first session.
9 Yrs (born 2013) students in Yr 4 who wish to compete in a competitive event (for Age Champion, 2nd or 3rd place ribbon), need to return to the oval for the 11.50am race.
Due to time constraints we will not run a 'Participation' event in the middle session. We encourage all students to participate to the best of their ability-whether they be trying to place or simply participating. These distances are reduced and as there are not multiple laps being run, students who walk will not be in the way of students who are running for a 1st, 2nd or 3rd place.
Only students who bring a signed note will not be participating.
Ribbons will be issued to place getters after the events. Overall winners in the age groups of Prep, 6yrs, 7 yrs,8yrs, 9yrs, 10 yrs, 11 yrs and 12 yrs will receive a Medallion. Presentation for Age Champion and Champion House will take place at the event if time permits (otherwise on an available parade). The first 5 students finished will be recorded.
Encourage Children to wear/bring appropriate clothing/shoes for running. They can wear house colours. When competing, students are allowed to run without a hat or carry their hat in their hand if it is falling off. Hats must be worn at all other times.
Yr 3/4K class-Yr 4's to attend morning session. Yr 3's (and any 9 yr old students in Yr 4 who wish to compete in a competitive event) are to attend the middle session.
Megan & Braydan