On Tuesday 19 July the Eco Warriors will be participating in a scientific inquiry marine excursion to Moreton Bay as part of our Green Zone Project with the IMPACT Centre.
The aim of the activity is for students to apply their scientific inquiry skills in a real-life marine science context. Students will complete scientific field work on board 'Inspiration' at sites around Moreton Bay.
Data will be collected using Baited Remote Underwater Videos (BRUV), sediment sampler, underwater video glider, plankton trawls and microscopes. All activities will be run by Moreton Bay Environmental Education Centre staff and school supervisors, to be used further in online Green Zone web conference lessons with the IMPACT Centre.
Transport to and from the venue:
- Arrive at school at 7:45am and meet on the benches between A and B block (adjacent to McCahon Hall).
- Students will travel to William Gunn Jetty, Manly Harbour by seatbelted coach departing at 8:00am.
- Arrive back school at 2:45pm.
What Do I Need To Bring?
- Food and water to drink (there will be a short break on shore or on the boat around midday - there will not be an opportunity to buy lunch)
- Pens/pencils, eraser
- Digital camera (optional but recommended)
- Clipboard (optional but recommended)
What Do I Wear On The Day?
- Sun safe clothing
- Closed in shoes