*This activity was originally scheduled for 11 May however Ngutana Lui Centre requested to change the date. Please read below updated information*.
Now scheduled on the Thursday 20 May (Week 5), we will be visited by tutors from the Ngutana Lui Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cultural Studies Centre as part of our Prep curriculum for HASS (Humanities and Social Sciences) and the Arts.
Students will participate in activities at school focused on:
- Traditional Dress at Celebrations (a presentation with tutor displaying various traditional dress)
- Celebrations within Torres Strait Islands Culture (Presentation with students finishing off with a 'sit-down' dance)
- Story Telling at Aboriginal Celebrations (students will listen to a Dreaming story)
- Recording Traditional Aboriginal Celebrations through Art (students will produce a dot painting).
- Prep teachers and teacher-aides will be accompanying the students to various locations around the school grounds whilst undertaking these activities with the tutors.
The school is paying for the full cost of this program. No payment is required.
If you wish for your child to participate in the Ngutana Lui activities at school, please complete and return the Ngutana Lui Consent Form Prep 2021 to your child's class teacher by Tuesday 4 May 2021.