Dear Parents and Caregivers,
I am writing to provide you with updated information regarding COVID-19.
The health, safety and welfare of your children, our students, continues to be our priority.
Fortunately, we do not have any confirmed cases at our school and should this change I will update our school community as soon as possible. At this stage the lock down is due to cease at 4.00pm on Sunday 8 August. The following arrangements are in place for Coorparoo State School from Monday 2 August to Sunday 8 August:
- Schools are considered essential services.
- Students of essential workers in the 11 affected LGAs can attend school on Monday 2 August to Friday 6 August.
- Students of non-essential workers will have access to remote learning from Tuesday 3 August. Remote learning at Coorparoo State School will consist of the following:
- Students in Prep & Year 1 will receive learning materials via email to parents.
- Students in years 2-6 will be able to access their learning materials via One Note and for some classes via Microsoft Teams. Class teachers will email parents to communicate how they are delivering learning.
- All students should be using “Mathletics" to continue their math learning. This work is tracked by teachers.
- Reading daily including accessing our Digital Library.
- Students in Years 5 & 6 can will receive an email to access Education Perfect to continue German lessons. (students make sure you are checking your email account)
- Email is the best method to communicate with teachers if support is required.
Reasonable expectations for home learning are important. Literacy & Numeracy will be the major focus for this time. I understand that for many of you, access to computers can be an issue, with many parents working from home. Children can be flexible as to when they do their daily work. Time to play and even watch the Olympics are valuable exercises. We know from our previous experiences that if our students continue to do just a few hours each day they did well in their learning.
I understand, however, there may be some concern over the latest health alerts and the potential impact on our school community. Please be assured that our school has been taking all appropriate precautions regarding health and hygiene and we will continue to take the advice of Queensland Health.
We are working closely with the public health authorities and our own Department of Education to ensure the health and safety of our students and staff. If you have any concerns please contact the school on 34210333.
As an added precaution all staff in all schools will wear masks. We will be minimising unnecessary visitors to the school. Hygiene and social distancing remain critical.
We all have a role to play to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community. If you or any members of your household develop symptoms or feel unwell, please isolate and get tested.
Further information including interstate hotspots, contact tracing alerts, symptoms of COVID-19 and when to seek medical advice and prevention, can be found via Queensland Health.
Thank you for your continued support.
Dean Murphy Principal