In line with the current Restrictions for Impacted Areas Direction, face masks must continue to be worn if you are in a SEQ Local Government Area (LGA) (an impacted area), have been in a SEQ LGA in the last 14 days or who are a household member of a person who has been in a SEQ LGA in the last 14 days.
• carry a mask with you at all times when you leave home
• wear a mask outdoors unless when seated or able to maintain physical distancing from people who are not members of your household
• wear a mask indoors unless seated
• wear a mask on public transport and in ride shares and while waiting for transport in a public space
• wear a mask when entering and exiting a hospitality venue
• wear a mask when entering or exiting a sports stadium
Teachers and students can remove masks when seated. Teachers can remove masks indoors when able to maintain physical distancing from students.
For example – teachers and staff who are teaching at the front of the classroom while maintaining physical distancing from students can remove their masks.
There are some exceptions to the requirements to wear a face mask. Visit the Queensland Health website for more information.