As you know, the Whole School Cross Country is now scheduled for Friday 6 May (Week 3) *weather permitting* (fingers crossed).
Please view the below timetable for the day
• Students will compete against their age group i.e. The year they were born, unless they are in Prep.
• Students born in 2010, 2011 and 2012 who wish to compete for Age Champion,2nd place and 3rd place, must compete in the competitive event in the morning session. All other students are invited to run in the Participation event at the end of the first session.
• 9 Yrs (born 2013) students in Yr 4 who wish to compete in a competitive event (for Age Champion, 2nd or 3rd place ribbon), need to return to the oval for the 11.50am race.
• Due to time constraints we will not run a ‘Participation’ event in the middle session. We encourage all students to participate to the best of their ability-whether they be trying to place or simply participating. These distances are reduced and as there are not multiple laps being run, students who walk will not be in the way of students who are running for a 1st, 2nd or 3rd place.
• Ribbons will be issued to place getters after the events. Overall winners in the age groups of Prep, 6yrs, 7 yrs,8yrs, 9yrs, 10 yrs, 11 yrs and 12 yrs will receive a Medallion. Presentation for Age Champion and Champion House will take place at the event if time permits (otherwise on an available parade). The first 3 students finished will be recorded.
1. All children are to bring a full water bottle and school hat
2. We encourage students to wear/bring appropriate clothing/shoes for running and to wear house colours.
3. Asthma sufferers please ensure you bring your puffers
*Anyone with current medical conditions will be monitored*
4. Only students who bring a signed note will not be participating.
Megan and Braydan