At Coorparoo State School teachers plan and deliver programs in the subjects and learning areas of English, Mathematics, Science, Geography, History, The Arts, Technology, Languages (German 4-6) and Health and Physical Education.
Broad consultation with staff, students and parents to date indicates that the following are our underpinning drivers behind all facets of Coorparoo State School:
- Life long learning – relevant, challenging and responsive educational/social (developmental) outcomes
- A connected educational journey for our students
- Educational Leadership
- Big school, small caring atmosphere
- Warm, friendly, co-operative spirit
- High expectations
- Sustainability of our future
- Aware of and responsive to the forces of change
At Coorparoo State School teachers:
- Plan and develop units in year level teams with support of HOC and coaches.
- Dedicate their professional learning to develop their knowledge, understandings and skills to be an effective teacher for all students and align with research based practices.
- Implement lessons and units of work that are challenging and encourage curiosity
- Know the needs of each and every learner as informed by data
- Adopt consistent teaching protocols with a gradual release of responsibility
- Develop authentic relationships with students
- Establish and sustain an genuine and valuable home-school connection
- Provide safe, supportive and challenging environments that foster learning
Visit the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority's website for further information.
Term Curriculum Overviews
Each term Curriculum Overviews for each year level are uploaded to this page.